Nigori Mikanshu is a japanese mandarin liquor made by hand by the small Asahara Shuzo brewery founded in 1882 in Okumusashi to the edge of the Kanto plain. The mikans are typical small mandarins in Japan, with particularly sweet flavors and low acidity.
Harvested by local farmers then hand washed, the mikans will be macerated for 6 months in a neutral alcohol. At the end of the maceration, they are removed to be mixed with fresh mandarins then turn into puree added to the liquor which becomes a Nigori Mikanshu, an unfiltered tmandarin liquor.
The intensity of the fruity aromas of the pulpit mikans gives a rich and generous texture, which we can appreciate the smoothness by shaking the bottle before serve.
Details Nigori Mikanshu
Liqueur de fruit
Honshu - Saitama
Brewery Asahara Shuzo
Founded in 1882 by Zenjiro Asahara, the brewery was established in the small village of Ogose in Saitama Prefecture.
Located in the heart of a mountainous region with preserved fauna and flora, Asahara Shuzo was originally a sake house which today offers a wide range of alcoholic beverages from sake to shochu, including the famous Nigori fruit liqueurs, but also wine and beer.
Perfect as an aperitif to surprise or simply change
Fruits or flowers
Created from cherry blossoms, tangerine, apricot, ...
Notes of grapefruit, mandarin, yuzu, orange, lemon, ...
Notes of honey, vanilla, chocolate, caramel / toffee, ...
Your reviews on Nigori Mikanshu
- For further information on the nature of the review controls, as well as the possibility of contacting the author of the review please consult our Transparency Charter.
- No inducements have been provided for these reviews
- Reviews are published and kept for a period of five years
- Reviews can not be modified: If a customer wishes to modify their review then they can do so by contacting Verified Reviews directly to remove the existing review and publish an amended one
- The reasons for deletion of reviews are available here.
Based on 1 customer reviews
Thierry P. published the 14/12/2022 following an order made on 02/12/2022